Here are all you need to know about Basement Renovation
Either you have an unfinished basement and want to finish it OR you need to improve the livability of the existing basement through renovation, you are adding value to your home, which is great!
There are several concerns in every renovation and basement renovations are nor excluded:
Permit Cost & Waiting Period – North Vancouver Basement Renovation
The cost of a building permit is a factor of your renovation cost. Renovation cost varies based on the expectations of the finished product and the needs. Just to have some idea in general:
- The average cost to finish a basement is generally between $25 and $50 per square foot, but costs can go as high as $90 per square foot depending on how extensive the renovations are and the materials and labor you choose. For most basements, the average cost works out to around $30,000.
- The cost to finish a basement and turn it into a livable space ranges from $6,500 to $18,500 on average.
- Basement remodeling projects — to improve or replace existing features — tend to cost between $10,000 and $30,000.
To get a better understanding of permit costs, please visit the related authorities.
Basement Renovations in Vancouver – Cost & Waiting Period
Basement & Income Suite Renovations
Basement Finishing automatically increases the home’s value on all markets and increases attractiveness. The extra space in your house that is achieved by renovation in the basement can be used for creating new rooms for kids, gyms, kitchens, bathrooms, bars, entertainment rooms, meeting rooms, and even income-generating suites. We also design in-law suites and family spaces to your unique specifications.
One more thing to consider when designing the space for renovation is can this space be comfortable to live in. Can the light get into space or how to achieve a natural environment light. Is heating and cooling of the basement the same or similar to living standards. Does it need additional ventilation?
All these elements have to be considered before starting a project. Our Vancouver specialists would help you decide and pick the best floors, colors for the walls, kitchens, and bathrooms that are essential in the living space.
We offer the following basement and income suite renovations:
- New bathroom construction or existing bathroom renovation
- New kitchen construction or existing kitchen renovation
- Fire-resistant insulation
- Separate entrances
- Window installation
- Electrical work
- Separate heating installation
- Drywalling, taping, mudding, and sanding
- Crown moldings, baseboards, and other detail work
Renovare Construction offers complete basement and income suite renovation services in Greater Vancouver. We do contracting projects in the cities of Vancouver, Burnaby, North Vancouver, and West Vancouver.
- Are you planning to accommodate international students and need to get prepared for that?
- Do you need to add a legal suite in your basement to assist you with the mortgage?
- Do you need to finish your unfinished basement?
- Do you want to rent your basement and need to make it separately livable?